Monday, March 12, 2012

I Miss Seeing You

I enjoyed playing around with these fun stamps from Unity.  I love the retro look of the glasses, and wanted to combine them with the sentiment.  After stamping them directly on the patterned paper, I decided they were a little plain and needed some more interest, so I decided to stamp them again on  colored cardstock that I had sprayed with Smooch Spritz Spray.  I just cut out the lenses and glued them on the card front, so now I have a pair of "rose colored glasses".   The patterned paper already had lace printed on the cardstock, it was part of a jounaling tag page, and I thought that was just enough embellishment for this card.

I am playing along with CASE Study #81, and this is their inspiration photo from their website. On my card above, I decided to stay with the black and white color scheme, which is really different for me.  That's what is so great about these challenges,  they get me to try new styles/color combos/sketches, and approach cardmaking in a new way.


Thanks for stopping by, and I love to read your comments.

16 comments:

  1. Hey, I think i might have these stamps...teehee...minare from Michael's.

    I think I will have to do my glasses card with the saying
    "Sometimes I prefer to look at life through rose coloured glasses"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rose tinted glasses and a perfect sentiment to go with them, a really great card, Luv Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely idea ... perfect image for the sentiment! Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! Great job with the CASE! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card!! Love the stamps you used and your card turned out really great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful cards! These are both really great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cards! Love the rose glasses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you created the rose colored glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, I really love the rose tinted glasses card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both stunning! LOVE the second one especially!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute! Love the rose colored glasses:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - love those glasses!

    ReplyDelete