Sunday, March 18, 2012

Just Saying Hi

This new stamp set, called Newspaper Tulips,  came a few weeks ago from Hero Arts, and I finally had time to work with it last night.  After seeing all the beautiful tulips at the bulb show last weekend, I had lots of color inspiration to work with.  I decided to make a general "hello" card to post today, but I also used this stamp to make some birthday and sympathy cards.  I colored the tulips with markers, and then stamped them, distressed the edges with my Distress Inks, and embossed some lines around the edge of the pink matt using my score board.  I made the pink matt  paper by spraying the light pink paper with Smooch Spritz Spray.  The patterned paper is from My Minds Eye, and I love the 2 shades of green.  The ribbon and button are from Stampin Up.

I am entering this in the Shabby Tea Room #105 Spring is Near challenge with this inspiration photo.  The requirement was to use 3 of the colors in this photo and a technique called dry embossing.


and also Crazy for Challenges C4C128 with was a really easy one with week,  make something and include the color green!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you will leave a comment, I love hearing from you.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love that beautiful image!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stamp! Lovely card, thanks for playing at The Shabby Tea Room this week!

    xoxo
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, I especially love the Tulip stamp, its really pretty :) Luv Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete