Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Name That Tune! Two Cards!

CAS-ual Friday Challenge #46

I had been wanting to use this stamp of a Victorian woman with her head down having a rough day, and I found just the occasion over at CAS-ual Friday.  The challenge is to "Name That Tune", and to make a card that includes some song lyrics.  This stamp is perfect for that.  This is from an old Stampin Up set, and I colored her in with some Stampin' Up markers.  The name of the song is "Mama Said" by the Shirelles, put out in 1961.  They have a video on YouTube, it's a trip down memory lane for me to listen to them sing.

I couldn't stop with just one, so I made another with my January Kit of the Month from Unity Stamps, to go with the song "Thanks for the Memories".  As usual, I am getting these done at the last minute, so off I go to link them up.
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. Those birds are so cute. Love your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards, I especially love the Victorian lady stamp, its gorgeous. Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these both, but that first one is SO true! LOL
    Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Barb! Love that saying on the top one!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are awesome, but I love your Name That Tune card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Love the birds sitting on the sentiment like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! Really like your name the tune card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards, I really love the victorian lady in the first card with that great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are gorgeous! Love that flower on the Thanks Card!
    Happy to hop over from FWF!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice cards. i love that pink paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards...I hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, love the birds and the blue flower on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both cards! Those KOTMs always have so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! Love the sentiments and the colors you've used!

    ReplyDelete